Happy new year


Hello my lovely readers :) I want to start off today's blog-post by wishing you all a happy and healthy 2014!
I brought in my new year with some amazing friends and had a really fun time. We started off at a local pub and because we live right next to the main fireworks in London we walked round the corner and watched those. It was a really relaxed yet fun way to see the new year in and im glad i ended up out and about. The atmosphere was amazing.

Unfortunately there were more lows than highs for me last year in the form of serious illness's given out to me and my loved ones, family breakdowns and financial struggle. I welcome a fresh year and a fresh start with open arms. I don't want to recap much of 2013 and instead want to focus on the aspirations i have for this coming year, so this post is going to be about some goals and aims I have for 2014.

Towards the end of last year in the run up to Christmas I let my eating habits run away with me (ironic statement really because running nor any type of physical activity has been had for several weeks lol). I allowed myself to overindulge way to much and used the excuse of Christmas as a cover up. However as im sure many people are, i am starting today on a fresh new healthy eating mindset. I am now back on track and clear on the goals i want to achieve. I noticed my poor eating habits and lack of exercise had a massive impact on my mental health which is another great motivator to get back on track with weight watchers.

Another thing I will be working on this year is my blog. I have enjoyed blogging so much, it is therapeutic for me as i have always loved to write and I enjoy this format of writing, plus im a big rambler (if you haven't guessed by now lol) so its a perfect place for me to freely express myself. I recently filmed my first youtube video and although I was so nervous at first (the lense on my camera coming at me did make me feel as if a darlict from DR who was out to get me) I really enjoyed it and plan on posting a video once a week onto my channel. Not only is another good way for me to ramble on its just easier sometimes to just sit and talk rather than write it down if I dont have much time.

If you havent seen that video yet you can watch it here :)

I have loved finding other people who can relate to my anxiety journey threw blogging and social media and am so glad I have helped a few people already with their journeys to. This will be a big focus of mine in 2014 so stay tuned for that.

2014 will be a big year for me in regards to getting my anxiety and panic attacks fully under control. I have been in therapy for about 3 months now and although I have come such a long way my big relapse over the Christmas period has shown me I still have a long way to go. The positive I have taken from all of this is my ability to help others threw such a negative thing. I aim to be doing lots of motivational and informative blog posts and videos to help other people deal with this illness.

Due to my surgery last year, my anxiety and depression I didnt make it abroad and that is a big thing we want to do in 2014. We really want to make this the year of travel and adventure for us and see as many places and things as possible. Freddie loves to explore and that is the perfect excuse for us to plan lots of trips away :)

One thing 2013 has taught me is that you have to grab life with both hands, and as cliche as it may sound tomorrow really is never promised, you have to live for the moment and do everything possible to have tons of fun :)

I look forward to sharing my year with you all, happy new year lovlies x
1




1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm sorry 2013 wasn't a good year for you or your family, I hope 2014 is your year and you get to do everything you want to!
    Teainoctober.blogspot.com
    Ffion x

    ReplyDelete